A native of Atlanta, Scott M. Stevens has achieved an AV (Preeminent) Peer Review rating in Martindale Hubbell attorney ratings – the HIGHEST rating available. Scott is recognized as one of the state’s most capable trial attorneys, with over 30 years litigation and courtroom experience. He has conducted hundreds of trials across the entire state of Georgia and has been lead counsel in thousands of litigation cases, many of which have resulted in six figure and above verdicts and judgments for his many clients.
- Juris Doctor, The Mercer University School of Law
- Bachelors of Business Administration Degree, Mercer University
- Georgia (All State and Federal Courts)
- The Supreme Court of Georgia
- The Court of Appeals of Georgia
- US District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia
- US Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit (based in Atlanta)
- Tennessee (All State Courts)
- The Supreme Court of Tennessee
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
Scott believes in sharing his vast knowledge and experience with other, less experienced lawyers seeking to learn the trade and gives back to the legal industry by serving as an instructor for Georgia Continuing Legal Education, and is active in the Georgia High School Mock Trial Competitions in the local judicial circuit.
High Profile, Reported Cases:
Blakemore v. Dirt Movers, Inc., 344 Ga. App. 238 (2018), CEI Services v. Sosebee, 344 Ga. App. 508 (2018), Monolith Companies LLC v. Hunter Douglas Hospitality, 333 Ga. App. 898 (2015), Governors Towne Club v. J. W. Thomason, 2011 Ga. App. Lexis 131 (2011); Southway Crane & Rigging v. Federal Insurance Co., 294 Ga. App. 504 (2008); Graham v. Casa Investment Co., 274 Ga. App. 59 (2005); KAR Printing v. Pierce 276 Ga. App. 511 (2005); In Re: Buchanan, 273 Bankr. 749 (Bankr. MD of GA 2002).
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- The St. Thomas More Society
- Past President of the Kiwanis Club of Buckhead