Jeff is a B.A. graduate of highly rated Amherst College, and a J.D. graduate of the University of Florida College of Law. After graduating law school, for two years he served as law clerk for the Hon. Sidney O. Smith, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. For the next seventeen years Jeff was an associate and then (for over twelve of those years) a partner at one of Georgia’s most prestigious downtown Atlanta Law Firms.
While there he focused primarily on litigation: insurance defense, real estate, electric utility, general business disputes and antitrust, conducting many high dollar jury trials. Subsequently, Jeff represented people as a sole practitioner, primarily in the areas of plantiff’s personal injury, insurance subrogation, civil rights (especially fair housing), and community management associations.
Mr. Nickerson’s considerable legal ability has allowed for millions of dollars in recoveries for his clients, and he lends his vast experience as a trial attorney by teaching classes in trial skills to aspiring law students here in the Atlanta area.
- Juris Doctor, University of Florida
- Bachelor of Arts (English), Amherst College
- Georgia (all courts)
- U.S. District Court, N.D.GA
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, N.D.GA
- United States Supreme Court
- Atlanta Chapter, Federal Bar Association (formerly), Chapter President 1994-1995
- Dunwoody Rotary Club, 1985 – 1997
- Dunwoody Rotary Club President 1986 – 1987